Tuesday 26 July 2011

Money Saving Tips - July 2011

Keeping the cost down is a main priority for me and I find nothing better than working out a way to save money.

I have been after some rod straps for a while now but there is a slight problem. I need 3 sets and when ever I pick them up in the shop and see the price of  around £5 each I just can not bring myself to buy them.

After a search of ebay I found a 1 metre strip of velcro 50mm wide for only £3.


I managed to get all three rods done and there was enough spare to give Ryan to do one of his rods. If I had used a lot less per rod I reckon I could of easily done 6-8 rods out of the 1 metre roll.




They don't look as pretty as branded rod straps but they do just the same job at a fraction of the price.

Danny

2 comments:

  1. Cheep as chips and a tidy job as well,
    Just have to keep it away from any mown grass as it sticks to it like a magnet, Looks neet though,
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete