Monday 25 July 2011

Bargain Hunting - July 2011

I am a great believer in what's the point in buying new when you can pick up perfect condition used equipment at a fraction of the price due to people upgrading or falling out of love with the art of carping (shame on you!!!)

This month I have been on the hunt for some new (new to me but used condition ha) stuff.

The first thing I have acquired this month is a Fox Easy Dome. These things are bullet proof and are perfect for what I want from a bivvy. The average new bivvy cost is well over £200 and I managed to pick mine up for £40.

A short trip to Southport was all it took and now me and Ryan have matching bivvies (I don't think he is too happy haha.) The bivvy is quite old but you would never tell. It is water tight and has zero rips or tares. To say I am over the moon is an understatement.




The next bargain I picked up so far this month is a JRC Stealth 6-Leg Bedchair. Brand new these things are over £100. I have got mine for £30. The only wear is a little bit of paint has come off the frame but the material and bed section is split mint. This proves what bargains you can get if you do abit of digging. My advice is try and stay clear of ebay as there is far to much competition, just browse your local forums and sooner of later what you want will appear for sale.



I will keep you posted on any other bargains I find and if I don't buy them myself I will post them on the blog so hopefully someone else can grab something cheap.

Chow For Now, Danny

3 comments:

  1. Haha I think your spoiling yourself, If you get to comfy you wont hear the Buzzers haha
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the same bivvy. I bought it for about £50 almost new and it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha sometimes its worth me reeling in at night paddy as I'm dead to the world sometimes, out for the count in the land of nod haha.

    And these bivvies are bomb proof mate. You got yourself a bargain there mate if it was nearly new for £50.

    ReplyDelete