Monday 17 October 2011

My Drought Continues :)

Well this morning I was up bright and early ready to go and have a days fishing.

I was supposed to be going straight to the Middlebrook but thought I would call in on Lock Lane lodge for a couple of hours.

As I only had the tip rod with me the tactics where to fish the cage feeder with hair rigged corn to a size 12 hook (the largest you are allowed to use on this water.)

I also made up a mixture of goodies to fill the feeder.



A few hours passed and not even a knock so a change of tactics was needed so I switched to in an inline maggot feeder with a short braid hook length. These Drennan maggot feeders are brilliant and have worked wonders on this water in the past.


Again no bites. Then the ground started to shake and three Army helicopters flew over then circled round and flew back across. Was very random. I think it was Duane and Ryan on their way doing a permit check on RIvvy :)

It was 1pm so I packed up and headed for the Middlebrook. Again there where fish about but none of them where in the mood for playing out. I had a cracking day just a bad one for results.




I packed up and went home having a sulk. The dry patch continues with my landing net smelling of roses rather than fish :( haha

Danny

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I like the bit about Duane and Ryan made me laugh that mate,
    I had i jack at Anglezarke today but out of 12 rods along the bank nobody else was catching so maybe it was down to the wind and the tempriture drop, Better luck next time out Danny,
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete